Hydrogen updates April-May
May 26, 2020
Still a busy time for hydrogen!
In the past few weeks:
- The Tasmanian Government released its Tasmanian Renewable Energy Action Plan which aims to double Tasmania’s renewable generation by 2040.
- The federal government passed legislation to support production of hydrogen from brown coal. The Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage (OPGGS) Amendment Bills include measures that remove regulatory barriers to the Victorian CarbonNet project.
- ARENA announced funding support to APA Group to build a modular methane production demonstration plant at its Wallumbilla Gas hub in Queensland. The ‘power to gas’ demonstration plant will produce approximately 620kg of hydrogen per year.
- A hydrogen feasibility study backed by ARENA funding was announced, where BP and GHD will investigate large-scale renewable hydrogen production in Geraldton, WA.
- The Arrowsmith Hydrogen Project secured $300 million investment funding. The project is being developed by Perth-based company Infinite Blue Energy and is expected to produce 25 tonnes of green hydrogen each day, powered by wind and solar.
- IRENA released a report examining the green hydrogen’s role in driving economic development post COVID-19. IRENA also released a report on energy subsidies.
Please follow AHC on LinkedIn for updates as they happen.